Okay, Reds fans. I’m going to make this short and sweet. I’ve previewed the Pirates twice already, and the last time wasn’t even a week ago. What I will tell you is this:
- They are in second place. This is surprising
- That doesn’t make them good. They aren’t. Don’t be fooled.
- They took 2 of 3 from the Reds last time. Every dog has it’s day.
If you want more, go back to that last preview.
Here’s the lineup and the pitching match-ups with just a touch of commentary.
- Jose Tabata (R) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ LF
- Josh Harrison (L) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ RF
- Andrew McCutchen (R) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ CF
- Pedro Alvarez (L) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 3B
- Neil Walker (R) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 2B
- Matt Hague (R) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 1B
- Rod Barajas (R) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ C
- Clint Barmes (R) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ SS
Note that while Barmes is still officially the starter, Jordy Mercer has been playing there a lot since his call up a few days ago.
- Tuesday – Homer Bailey (4-3 3.73) vs. A.J. Burnett (4-2 3.60)
- Wednesday – Johnny Cueto (5-3 2.54) vs. Brad Lincoln (3-0 1.04)
- Thursday – Mike Leake (2-5 4.95) vs. Kevin Correia (2-5 4.19)
Brad Lincoln takes over in the rotation for the injured Charlie Morton. He’s been a starter for his entire professional career, but has pitched out of the pen (save one start) this year. His start should be a good opportunity to get to the bullpen early.