W: H. Bailey (5-4)
L: D. Lowe (6-8)
– What a game.Ã‚Â After having only 1 hit through 5 innings, the offense exploded in the 6th and 7th innings.Ã‚Â The Reds scored 3 runs in the 6th to take a 4-2 lead and then tacked on 7 runs in the 7th inning to blow the game wide open.
– After coming off the bench, Edgar Renteria doubled in his first AB and then added a single to go 2-4.Ã‚Â He scored twice and drove in 3 RBI.Ã‚Â I am afraid we’ll be seeing more of Edgar in the next few days.Ã‚Â More on that to come.
– DatDude Phillips went 3-5 with 2 doubles with a run scored and 2 RBI while Joey Votto went 2-4 with a run scored and an RBI.
– Todd Frazier had his first MLB hit last night, but had a huge #2 hit today.Ã‚Â Frazier doubled off the wall with the bases loaded in the 7th inning.Ã‚Â Frazier went 1-4 with 3 RBI.
– Ryan Hanigan added 2 hits in 4 at-bats.
– It was hard to classify this next person, but when you look at the end total, it is a positive.Ã‚Â Homer Bailey looked terrible in the first few innings.Ã‚Â He allowed a bases loaded double to the opposing pitcher and Bailey appeared on the verge of allowing the Braves to blow it open on numerous occasions.Ã‚Â But Homer kept battling.Ã‚Â Through 4 innings, he had thrown well over 80 pitches.Ã‚Â After the 4th, the Reds looked dead in the water while the Braves were on cruise control.Ã‚Â But then Homer threw his best two innings in the 5th and 6th and left the game with a season high 109 pitches thrown through 6 innings, allowing only 2 runs on 5 hits and 3 walks while striking out 3.Ã‚Â Not his best line of the season, but a heck of a job battling today by Homer to pick up the win!
– Fred Lewis went 0-3 at the dish, but the worst part of his day was dropping a routine fly ball out in right field.Ã‚Â Fortunately for the Reds, the error did not cost them a run.
– Zack Cozart left the game with an injury to his left wrist.Ã‚Â He appeared to be in a lot of pain when it happened. Early reports are that the x-rays were negative.Ã‚Â Let’s all hope the injury won’t require Cozart to miss too much time and force us to endure a bunch of Edgar Renteria games at shortstop.
– Jay Bruce sat out his 2nd straight game due to an inner ear problem and dizziness.Ã‚Â Bruce did come into the game as a pinch hitter in the 6th inning and promptly doubled to right field.Ã‚Â He was then lifted for a pinch runner.
– I was unable to attend today’s game, which means I was unable to get my hands on a Jonny Gomes bobblehead.Ã‚Â For any of you that picked up an extra, feel free to send it my way.
– The Reds will look to win back to back games tomorrow night on ESPN.Ã‚Â The Reds haven’t won back to back games in nearly a month.Ã‚Â Throw in the fact that the Reds don’t play well on the big stage, and odds are against us.Ã‚Â I am contemplating attending this game.Ã‚Â I just returned from the three game set in Pittsburgh which did not go so well for the good guys.Ã‚Â I am not sure tomorrow night is the best time to put my 2-5 record on the line in games I have attended this season.