WP: Ondrusek (5-0)
LP: Coffey (2-4)
S: Cordero (39)
– After striking out 4 times last night, and striking out in his first at-bat today, Jay Bruce hit 2 homeruns, including one off of left hander Chris Capuano. Ã‚Â The second homerun was created by fan interference. Ã‚Â I’ll admit, I did not watch the game, only caught a brief portion of the post-game wrap-up, so I’m not sure if the homerun was legit or not. Ã‚Â Bruce drove in 3 RBI.
– Brandon Phillips was a perfect 3-3 at the plate today with 3 singles and a run scored. Ã‚Â If Phillips and Bruce can continue this type of performance next week, I really like our chances.
– Miguel Cairo, starting at 3b for Scott Rolen, went 2-4 with a run scored.
– Yonder Alonso, starting for Joey Votto at 1b, went 2-4 with a double, a run scored, and an RBI. Ã‚Â Alonso’s double was off the wall, just missing a homerun.
– Corky Miller spelled Ryan Hanigan in the latter half of the game and proceeded to hit a 2-run homerun. Ã‚Â Fear the ‘stache!
– Homer Bailey allowed 1 run on 6 hits and 3 walks in 5 innings pitched and left the game with a 3-1 lead. Ã‚Â Bailey struck out 10, but had thrown 120 pitches through 5 innings before coming out of the game. Ã‚Â So Bailey threw 120 pitches in a meaningless game? Ã‚Â Oh man!
– Cordero allowed a hit in the 9th, but promptly threw a double play ball that ended any threat by the Brewers in the 9th. Ã‚Â Cordero picked up save number 39 on the season.
– Jordan Smith allowed 3 runs on 3 hits and 2 walks in 1.1 innings pitched. Ã‚Â All 3 runs scored on a McGehee homerun in the 7th.
– With this win, the Reds have won 90 games for the first time since 1999.
– As of right now, the Padres are up 4-0 and the Braves are tied at 0-0. Ã‚Â There is a chance that there will be a tie in the wild card standings.
– Tomorrow’s game will wrap-up the regular season. Ã‚Â I can’t wait until the playoffs! Ã‚Â Ever since we clinched earlier this week, I honestly haven’t watched much of the Reds. Ã‚Â Judging by the comments in the game thread, most of us are just resting up, waiting for Wednesday (or perhaps Thursday).