– Another good outing by a Reds starter. Ã‚Â Travis Wood went 6.1, only allowing 3 H and a BB. Ã‚Â He’s almost certainly going to be making a start vs. the Phillies.
– Chappy and Coco had nice innings out of the pen.
– TOS* tonight. Ã‚Â Only seven hits, but SEVENTEEN STRIKEOUTS! Ã‚Â Both Jay Bruce and Jonny Gomes wear the golden sombrero for 4 Ks.
– Gomes can’t play defense. Ã‚Â At all. Ã‚Â His ridiculous effort on a routine fly ball let Casey McGeheeheehee double in the 7th, started the game-tying rally.
– Brandon Phillips’ 4th(!) error of the season allowed the go-ahead run to score in the 11th. Ã‚Â I would not be surprised, though, to see that call changed to a base hit. Ã‚Â It was a tough play up the middle, and the umpire completely screened BP from the ball. Ã‚Â Just a tough break. Ã‚Â The real problem was Sam LeCure letting the first two guys reach base.
– So no home field advantage in the first round. Ã‚Â That’s out. Ã‚Â Reds will open, almost assuredly against the Phillies, on Wednesday, then play Friday in Philly and Sunday in Cincinnati.
– Scott Rolen left the game early, but there’s no indication of any injury. Ã‚Â He was in the dugout afterward, and there’s no report that he visited the training room. Ã‚Â Dusty just decided to give him a rest, at a fairly odd time.
*This Offense Stinks