WP: Lee (5-3)
LP: Cueto (6-2)
– Joey Votto went 2-4 and is now batting .310/.407/.552 on the season.
– Arthur Rhodes and Daniel Ray Herrera pitched 2.1 scoreless innings. Ã‚Â The two combined to allow only one baserunner to reach base and they combined to strike out three. Ã‚Â Rhodes streak is now up to 28 consecutive innings.
– Johnny Cueto threw 115 inningsÃ‚Â pitches and only made it through 5.2 innings. Ã‚Â He allowed only the one run on 4 hits and 2 walks, but he just wasn’t very pitch efficient. Ã‚Â The one run that scored came with 2 outs and nobody on base. Ã‚Â Cueto hit Jose Lopez who would score on a single two batters later.
– Chris Heisey struck out 3 times in 4 at-bats in his first start in forever! Ã‚Â But in all honesty, his 1-4 night with 3 K’s isn’t much different that what we normally see from our CF spot. Ã‚Â
– Dusty Baker’s lineup last night makes me sick. Ã‚Â I turned the game off and went to bed last night but after reading through the game thread, it appears Gomes misplayed yet another fly ball in left field. Ã‚Â Is it possible that Baker will perhaps put Heisey in LF tonight and Gomes at DH? Ã‚Â I predict he won’t. Ã‚Â Given that Heisey struck out 3 times last night, he’ll probably be moved back down to the end of the bench, allowing Laynce Nix to get the remainder of the starts on this AL, West Coast road trip.
– Living in the East, I hate West Coast games. Ã‚Â The younger me didn’t mind them. Ã‚Â I could stay up or lay in bed listening on the radio. Ã‚Â The new me, with a family and two kids, can’t make it past midnight anymore without crashing.
– The Reds will look to get back on track tonight. Ã‚Â That won’t be easy considering we are facing Felix Hernandez.
– We are back in 2nd place.