Let’s recap today’s titanic struggle…
Los Angeles 1
WP: Ã‚Â Arroyo (6-3)
– Bronson Arroyo, Joey Votto, and Brandon Phillips each hit homeruns today. Ã‚Â Arroyo’s homerun came in the bottom of the 2nd inning right after he had allowed the opposing pitcher to single and drive in a run. Ã‚Â Arroyo’s blast put the Reds up 3-1.
– Votto, Jay Bruce, and Corky Miller each had 2 hits in the contest. Ã‚Â For Miller, it raised his season hit total to 3!
– Arroyo wasn’t sharp, but was able to hold the Dodgers to just 1 run in 7 innings pitched.
– Arthur Rhodes was also a little shaky, loading the bases in the 8th. Ã‚Â But Rhodes continued to be Rhodes and extended his scoreless innings streak to 27 innings. Ã‚Â His ERA is now down to 0.31!
– As mentioned, Arroyo wasn’t sharp. Ã‚Â He walked 6 batters including the 7th and 8th batters in the 2nd inning which eventually led to the only run he allowed when the pitcher singled to score a runner from 2nd.
– Orlando Cabrera went 0-4 in the leadoff spot today with 2 strikeouts. Ã‚Â His on-base percentage is now .294!
– Drew Stubbs also went 0-4, adding 2 more strikeouts to his season’s total. Ã‚Â Drew now has 73 strikeouts this season in 225 at-bats.
– The Reds concluded this current 10-game home stand with a 4-6 record. Ã‚Â With the Reds now heading out West for 6 games, Reds fans must continue to hold their breath and hope this is just a small bump in the road that all teams go through during the course of a season.
– The Reds will play Seattle tomorrow. Ã‚Â The Reds are 1-5 all-time against Seattle and will have to try and improve that record against Mariners’ starter Cliff Lee.